Quote of the Day

"In some parts of the world, students are going to school every day. It's their normal life. But in other part of the world, we are starving for education... it's like a precious gift. It's like a diamond."
-Malala Yousafzai


Wednesday 27 May 2015

Blended Learning

What is Blended Learning?

In essence blended learning is when students learn through in class instruction, online instruction and some element of control a student has over such things as pace, path or time. 

But why talk about blended learning? 

Well the majority of this assignment involved the use of blended learning. A major example would be the task of creating a blog and learning how to customize it and how to post things. I'm not going to lie it was a bit of a learning curve for me, once I understood how it worked however I was able to make the blog appear for the most part how I envisioned it. Another component of blended learning came from the need to research things in order to gain information for our posts, such as the history of Twitter and how it works. An interesting component came about when we were asked to discuss the future of the internet, given what I had learned in class and online through discussions I was able to formulate a post without having to do any extra research, this would be a prime example of a benefit from blended learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment